Neurology Community

% lympocytes in CSF

I have been battling issues for 5 years (cognitive decline, headaches, sensory, vision, balance etc) I have 98% lymphocytes and 2% monocytes in the csf.  the wbc  differential was done with 55. Normal should be only 70% lymphocytes.   my wbc on the CSF fluid was <1. RBC 2.   everything else has come back within normal ranges. My ACE result in my blood came back high as well.   I don't go back to the neurologist for 3 months.  What does any of  that mean? Should I be worried.
Hi!
I cannot really comment on the CSF findings because you need CSF protein, pressure and other parameters to reach a diagnosis, but it is unlikely to be anything infective. Since you have high ACE, the following conditions should be looked into: diabetes, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or tuberculosis, nephritic syndrome, hyperthyroidism, and multiple sclerosis.
Please discuss this report with your treating doctor. A clinical correlation is needed with your symptoms. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.