Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

3 random issues

I have been having a few issues and would love any insight from health professionals and anyone with personal experience. To preface, I am a critical care RN, 29 year old female, very active, eat very healthy, with no medical issues. Just weird symptoms. I get annual physicals and all of my labs, including electrolytes and thyroid, are within normal limits. I have been researching and can't find anything. Oh I also work night shift so I am wondering if any of this is related to shift work?

1. I get quick periods of feeling like I closed my eyes and shook my head very fast. At least 1-5 times a day. It is enough to make me feel like I am losing my balance but I rarely do. The other symptom that may be associated is that occasionally when I lay down to sleep, and am still wide awake, it feels like there is a mini earth quake. I reach out to touch my night stand, knowing that it is probably not moving and it snaps me out of it. It doesn't happen all the time which is why I haven't seen a neurologist.

2. I have been getting heart palpitations for about a year. They are worse when I lay down. Monitor shows moderate amounts of PACs, bigeminy, and trigeminy. I know that ectopy is normal but I am symptomatic with nausea, dizziness, and occasional chest pain. My resting heart rate is around 50-60, I am very active, so when I go into bigeminy my heart rate is usually around 30 and it really *****. I saw a cardiologist and got no answers. I have taken vitamin b supplements, hawthorn berry, and taurine, on top of a multivitamin. The only thing that has helped at all is the taurine.

3. Left flank pain that comes and goes for about 5+ years. No s/s of UTI associated, UA negative when I did ask at a physical one year. It gets worse when I have high fatty foods. No other symptoms that would be associated with gall bladder issues though. Have had high cortisol levels in the past though so I am unsure if this could be adrenal versus kidney.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have researched all of these and have casually talked about them with physicians I work with and we can't come up with much. All extreme theories. When I see an actual physician once a year for my physical it is always blown off because I am so healthy. I am usually just told that I probably need to sleep more, which wouldn't hurt I'm sure.

0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease