Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

3rd Brain Surgery! Just would like some support!

Please anyone if you have any recommendations I would appropriate it!
Don't mean to offend anyone but If you are going to ask me why I went with a certain surgeon or ask me why I made  the decisions I made. Please don't respond to my question. I just need support not criticize me.
The reason I say this is I was on two brain tumor support sites & instead of people being supportive some people really crossed the line private messaging me asking me why I was not going with certain surgeons or even looking up my current surgeon or even asking me why I  was going to do a third surgery and I should wait & watch.
When no one even knew about my case.Its a rare brain tumor not a lot of docs specialize w/ this type of tumor. Epidermoid its a hard to remove & find once the head is open
So sorry for writing this before I ask mt question, here is my question :)

How long did everyone wait to go back to work?
How long has your recovery process been going?
My 3rd brain surgery was only 2 1/2 hrs. The first two were over 7 hrs long.
I'm thinking that this brain surgery is not a big deal but I also do have to understand that its brain surgery.
I was knocked out my head was opened and my brain was cut!
I'm super tired still waking up with headaches. I'm trying to stay active doing yoga moving around my house I have even signed up for a class at my local JC to keep my brain working.
I have been off work for now 4 months. My doctor took me off work for 6 months.
That's pretty much my story!
Thanks for sharing your story with me :)
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease