Neurology Community
45k Members

Aches & Tingling

Hi All

Hope someone can advice me, about 3months ago i woke up and my left arm was aching constantly and i felt tired and had the occasional dizzyness.  I went to my doctor and he sent me for blood work, all blood work can back fine.  I then had more symptons like my tounge would tingle, my legs felt weak and i get random pains in my head.  I went back to the doctor who sent me for more blood work and that came back fine, he suggested i viral infections.  Now after another few weeks I still dont feel good, I am tired all the time, my eyes with water and the another night i woke up shaken, and getting a sharp pain in my the side of my head often throughout my day.  I have been the doctors 4 times over the last few months but he keeps saying all my blood work is fine and i look physically ok.

can someone advice me, i am really worried about me health.

Cheers

Mike
You need to go to a neurologist and have it checked. My husband has petite maul seizures and he has head pain, starts shaking, and has muscle weakness dizzy spell. You could have something similar.  An good doctor should have said they were unsure why you were still having the symptoms and sent you to a specialist. Please go get checked. It may not be serious but it is really not worth taking the chance that it is. Good luck to you.

Sissie
Hi there. You need to consult a neurologist since the symptoms could mean migraines with aura, anxiety disorder etc. MRI brain apart from a thorough neurological examination needs to be done. Your doctor will also need to investigate her for multiple sclerosis where the disease phase is characterized by active phase and remissions. It has multiple symptoms and signs and is a diagnosis of exclusion. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis are loss of balance, muscle spasms, numbness in any area, problems with walking and coordination, tremors in one or more arms and legs. Bowel and bladder symptoms include frequency of micturition, urine leakage, eye symptoms like double vision uncontrollable rapid eye movements, facial pain, painful muscle spasms, tingling, burning in arms or legs, depression, dizziness, hearing loss, fatigue etc. The treatment is essentially limited to symptomatic therapy so the course of action would not change much whether MS has been diagnosed or not. Apart from clinical neurological examination, MRI shows MS as paler areas of demyelination, two different episodes of demyelination separated by one month in at least two different brain locations. Spinal tap is done and CSF electrophoresis reveals oligoclonal bands suggestive of immune activity, which is suggestive but not diagnostic of MS. Demyelinating neurons, transmit nerve signals slower than non-demyelinated ones and can be detected with EP tests. These are visual evoked potentials, brain stem auditory evoked response, and somatosensory evoked potential. Slower nerve responses in any one of these is not confirmatory of MS but can be used to complement diagnosis along with a neurological examination, medical history and an MRI in addition, a spinal tap. Therefore, it would be prudent to consult your neurologist with these concerns. Take care