Neurology Community

Anal Margin Area Burning

6 months ago, I scratched an itch on my left perianal area (through clothes).  Ever since then, I have had varying degrees of burning soreness.  It feels much better at night (only hurts if pressed on).  But is sore throughout the day.  Sometimes, it barely hurts.  Other times, it hurts quite badly.  It does not itch.  I sometimes get a tearing feeling in the area when I bend over.  Bowel movements do not hurt.  

I have been to 6 different doctors (3 colorectal surgeons, a proctology NP, a dermatologist, an OBGYN).  I have had internal & external exams.  Initially, I was told I had an abrasion there (no broken skin) (on the margin, not in the anus).  Then, they said the abrasion is gone and everything looks totally normal.  However, I still have the pain.  

The most recent dr suggested it could be nerve-related.  (Pudendal nerve?  Or something else?)

Would scratching, followed by daily hard bowel movements, cause some sort of superficial nerve damage to the skin?  If so, will that heal in time?

I have tried Calmoseptine, Topicort, Atrapro, Pramosene, Desitin, A&D, Balneol, sits baths, Calendula, etc, all to no avail.  I have also tried not applying anything at all for weeks, with no improvement.  I have cut out wheat, dairy, coffee, nuts, etc, as well.

Anyone else experience this?  Any help would be SO appreciated!