Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anomaly on MRI Results

Throughout the year, I've had pretty frequent headaches that just became my norm, since  they weren't so severe that I couldn't function. They would come and go throughout the day, never getting very bad. However, for the last month or two, I've had basically had one constant headache. The severity fluctuates, but it's pretty much always there. The pain is always either felt in the whole head, or strictly the left side. It's always bad when I wake up in the morning or from a nap. This has also been accompanied by constant fatigue and nausea. After multiple trips to my GP, they referred me to a neurologist. I got an MRI done, and eventually they called and said it looked normal, but they wanted to get another done in 6 months. They didn't really explain further. A couple days ago I went to my GP again because I woke up with an excruciating headache on my left side. Upon one the doctor's reading the MRI results, they told me there was "an anomaly" on the left side of my brain (or the scan, rather?), and some spots with higher frequency. He didn't go into any more detail, but prescribed Imitrex and sent me on my merry way. 10mg later, and it only lessened the pain. So, could anyone offer any more insight into the apparent anomaly or lend some advice? Thanks!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi i have the same symptoms headache on left side mine has been there for a week went to the er twice this week tuesday night real late and then last night the second time i went they did a ct scan of my head said i had sinusitis and rest was normal so your doctor did not say what the spots were on your mri? the hospital i go to said the insurance wont approve a mri because it cost so much that i would have to get drs.order
Helpful - 0
how old are you?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease