Neurology Forum

BODY CRAMPS

I have been experincing cramps throughout my body.  They usually happen in the trunk of my  body, but also they have been in my legs, ankles, arms and even in my jaw.  I have no idea what brings on these symptoms.  If I sit down in my car, or get surprised, laying down in my bed, any sudden movement may cause my body to cramp up.  The cramps usually last about 5-10 mins.  I have  these cramps about 1 week out of the month.  My Dr. have not been able to find the cause.
I'm no Dr.nor very smart but have you tried eating bananas or a potassium supplement? Has your Dr done any tests and is your Potassium level low?
Sorry,just the first thing that came to mind. That and make sure to drink lots of water.
A related discussion, Body Cramping was started.
A related discussion, Cramps in l/s of neck was started.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease