Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Bright Spot MRI

I went for an MRI due to some numbness and tingling in my face right under my right nostril to the lip. After I went for the MRI they called me 10 days later and wanted me to go for one with contrast. The only thing they told me was they found 1 abnormal white spot on the back on my brain. I later found out they wanted to take a closer look at my pituitary gland and something with the word auditory in it that I assumed had to do with my hearing. I am scared and can't stop freaking out about this. They will not give me any information on anything.  I keep thinking it is cancer or something life threatening, but if it was I would have gone right away for another MRI instead almost two weeks later right??  I got a copy of my MRI and report but I cant read the report I don't understand it.I see the spot they are talking about they have green arrows pointed right at it but that's it. It's on the axial flair image. I was told they were going to refer me to neurosurgery (does this mean they are going to operate on my brain??) I;m so scared I would like to have an idea of what I am looking at . Please help
1 Responses
10389859 tn?1409925468
Without more information as to why you needed the MRI, your past medical history, and the actual report, I can't give you the answer you are looking for.  Your best bet is to keep the appt. you have with the neurosurgeon and ask him/her questions.  Who ordered the MRI (what type of MD)?
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease