Neurology Community
45k Members

Bright Spot MRI

I went for an MRI due to some numbness and tingling in my face right under my right nostril to the lip. After I went for the MRI they called me 10 days later and wanted me to go for one with contrast. The only thing they told me was they found 1 abnormal white spot on the back on my brain. I later found out they wanted to take a closer look at my pituitary gland and something with the word auditory in it that I assumed had to do with my hearing. I am scared and can't stop freaking out about this. They will not give me any information on anything.  I keep thinking it is cancer or something life threatening, but if it was I would have gone right away for another MRI instead almost two weeks later right??  I got a copy of my MRI and report but I cant read the report I don't understand it.I see the spot they are talking about they have green arrows pointed right at it but that's it. It's on the axial flair image. I was told they were going to refer me to neurosurgery (does this mean they are going to operate on my brain??) I;m so scared I would like to have an idea of what I am looking at . Please help
Without more information as to why you needed the MRI, your past medical history, and the actual report, I can't give you the answer you are looking for.  Your best bet is to keep the appt. you have with the neurosurgeon and ask him/her questions.  Who ordered the MRI (what type of MD)?