Neurology Community

Bruise, Cuts and Numbness

I was helping out with a sailing session on Thursday, and slipped on a rock and hit my shin hard on a rock. You could physically see the dent where the rock had hit it. It didn't hurt too much though, so i carried on. Not long after, my shin began swelling up hugely, and some cuts began to appear on top of it (there was no scrapes or cuts on impact). I felt around the impact spot, and apart from the surrounding area- it was numb! Not long after i wrapped a wet, cold cloth around it.
2 days later, the swelling has gone down, but more cuts have appeared and the area is still numb.

Any idea why it may be numb and why random scrapes and cuts have appeared on top?