Bulbar Myasthenia Gravis

i have had myasthenia gravis for last 8 years and the thymectomy was performed in Apr 2002 for the same.

To start with major symptoms were slurring while speaking and general fatique, i seemed to have recovered quite a bit but then all the symptoms returned and these days i have the following symptoms:-

(a) Difficulty in swallowing.

(b)  breathing problems

(c) Speech impaired and difficulty in speaking

I am taking the following medication

(a) Mestinon - SOS but generally one / two tabs a day (60 mg)

(b) Prednisolone - 10 mg every day

(c) Mycophenolate  - 1000mg / day

(d)  Thyroid tablets as i have hypo thyroid too

I would like to know if the medication i am taking is allright and also if there is anyhting i need to take as far as dietary control/ regulation is concerned.

My sppech is severly imnpaired and have tough time making people understand what i am saying

regards

rashneet

early response would be welcome

This discussion is related to Progressive Bulbar Symptoms?-Please help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello My Dad was just diagnosed with MG, so I was reading about it and came across this post of your's ( found it to be very interesting  although I am sorry to hear of your problem I see that you have questions too.

Although I am not a doctor do you think you could contact me, I would like to talk with you and maybe learn more about this disease that you and my dad have also I am sure that we can help each other out as I want to learn all I can about this.

Thank you Scott Crawley
Skype Me scwealth

P.S. Thank you for anything you can do. (God Bless you ~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community