Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Bulbar Myasthenia Gravis

i have had myasthenia gravis for last 8 years and the thymectomy was performed in Apr 2002 for the same.

To start with major symptoms were slurring while speaking and general fatique, i seemed to have recovered quite a bit but then all the symptoms returned and these days i have the following symptoms:-

(a) Difficulty in swallowing.

(b)  breathing problems

(c) Speech impaired and difficulty in speaking

I am taking the following medication

(a) Mestinon - SOS but generally one / two tabs a day (60 mg)

(b) Prednisolone - 10 mg every day

(c) Mycophenolate  - 1000mg / day

(d)  Thyroid tablets as i have hypo thyroid too

I would like to know if the medication i am taking is allright and also if there is anyhting i need to take as far as dietary control/ regulation is concerned.

My sppech is severly imnpaired and have tough time making people understand what i am saying

regards

rashneet

early response would be welcome

This discussion is related to Progressive Bulbar Symptoms?-Please help.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1538271 tn?1292733436
Hello My Dad was just diagnosed with MG, so I was reading about it and came across this post of your's ( found it to be very interesting  although I am sorry to hear of your problem I see that you have questions too.

Although I am not a doctor do you think you could contact me, I would like to talk with you and maybe learn more about this disease that you and my dad have also I am sure that we can help each other out as I want to learn all I can about this.

Thank you Scott Crawley
Skype Me scwealth

P.S. Thank you for anything you can do. (God Bless you ~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease