I am a 28 year old woman. I have been in horrible pain for the last 2.5 years, and I think it may be getting worse. I am looking for answers to what might be causing the pain and what treatment options I have.
1) Burning in my urethra. (negative for bacteria, stds, cancer, kidney stones). The burning can be light and last for hours or very intense and last for 20-35 minutes. I haven't found any pattern. Urinating can be a trigger but is not always a trigger. The burning is usually worse in the evening. Most days I have some level of burning. I have no urgency, frequency or bladder pain.
2) Pins and Needles (sometimes right before or right after burning).
It feels like the burning may be at the neck of my bladder. I was told I might have IC and tried Elmiron (did not help). The catheter burned like crazy when pushed into the bladder. I have also been told I have nerve pain related to recurrent UTI's. I also was taking Macrobid long term and have heard that that could have caused this pain.
Other information: I have Crohn's Disease and Rosacea and am currently on Remicade and MetroLotion.
I am looking for answers to the following questions:
1) Assuming this is nerve pain, will it go away?
2) Are there any other ailments that resemble the pain that I am feeling?
3) What do you treatment options do you recommend?
Please help - the pain is getting worse lately and I am feeling very desperate. Thank You!