Neurology Community
My 12 year old has CRPS in his right foot.  He has been having symptoms since September.  He has tried all the medication (such a Lyrica) and he has a bad reaction to them.  He has also been attending physical therapy three days a week.  They have tried the nerve block, but other issues arose.  The doctor has decided the best course of action is to do a epidural and intense therapy as a in-patient.  My concern is the side effects of this course of action. What are the side effects and how effective is this treatment?
Hi there!

Epidural pain control is usually highly effective in pain control while the side effects would tend to vary with the medication used aside a few risks associated with the procedure. It would be best to discuss the situation and the pros and cons in detail with his treating doctor.

Take care!