Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

Can a suggested Vitamin D deficiency lead to severe Parathesis?

Hi, I am new here together with hoping to gain a little insight. I am a white 41 year old petite female and reside in the Northeast United States with regularly long winters. This past early Spring I acquired a minor period of Parathesis. Though at the time I did not have a name for this condition. At the designated time, I assumed such a thing was merely a systematic response. I applied a few lotions in addition to used mega amounts of Vitamin C and seemed to improve as the warm weather neared. During the warmer months, my symptoms remained practically non-existent.
    Abruptly, about a month ago, my Parathesis symptoms reappeared. At the beginning they were insignificant; moreover I was not over concerned. During this aforementioned designated time, during a unseasonable warm spell, I was able to go outside together with do work, which earlier in late summer  I had not been able to much on account of treatable low back issues wreaking havoc on my system.
       Increasingly over this past month, the Parathesis has mostly worsened. The present Parathesis is primarily localized on my torso, inner arms plus pits, also back inner legs.  My feet are fine; usually the face also.
    Completed bloodwork proposes I may have a Vitamin D deficiency. My results were five points below the lowest advised level. Everything else was fine, including blood sugar, except for a slightly elevated B6, which may be from my Peanut Butter obsession.
The PA placed me on a Prescription 5000 mg D to take two times a week. I took my first dose yesterday afternoon.
    My inquiry is that is such a thing plausible to have such a severe Parenthesis response to a minor insufficient D levels? Now a few points that may help with the confusion is I already have a Chronic Pelvic Pain disorder, which has remained controlled for the last ten years by Desipramine 150 mg and a topical compounded cream.
Furthermore, I seem to have a Hyperactive Immune response to particular things that can affect the Nervous System. Yellow Jacket Bee bites take 12 hours for the pain to diminish altogether. Once I had a hypersensitive skin response after an allergic reaction to Amoxicillin, which took six months to resolve.
I am presently worried together with questioning if these symptoms are nothing to do with my Vitamin D levels. Moreover for what reason is the present condition seemingly proceeding to grow worse? Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.
1 Responses
144586 tn?1284666164
What exactly are the symptoms in your own words, without using a diagnostic term?
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease