Chest pain and face numbness

I am having a problem with pain in the right side of my chest. This pain is also accompanied by numbness in right side of face. The pain sometimes spreads through my shoulder down to my arm. I have been experiencing this for years, and because it comes and goes every so often without causing lasting problems I have been ignoring it. I am getting concerned lately because the pain has become more sever, and lasts longer. I have no idea what it is or what is causing it. I have no health insurance so I really would appreciate some help.
Hi, Thank you for your question. I think your symptoms may be due to nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because of cervical disc bulge or injury or spondylosis. This pain & numbness may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.