Chronic pain

Dr.Abhijeet please answer.I am a 39 years old weighing 78kg,Height-5'10'', BP:130-140/90-95.,male working as project engineer. I have chronic inflammatory pain(10 years) in left chest rib cage and left back for the last 10 years. Initially the intensity was high but now it is moderate which continues for few days and disappears for months without medication. The exercise relieves the pain a little bit temporarily. The location varies in left side but almost at bottom of left chest rib cage and left back. I  have gone under cardiac test-X-ray, ECG, Stress test, blood profile etc many times but they are normal except LDL & BP, A little bit higher which I controlled but problem is still there.  
For the last 3 years suffering from left side headache. Initially pain comprises throbbing and piercing sensation but now it is heaviness and dullness in left side of head. There is also pain in left eye. Once the pain starts it can last for up to 4-5 days. I also feel nausea, but vomiting never occurs. I went through a CT Scan but they were normal. I took medicine for migraine for 5 months but no use.
Notable thing is that pain is either in left head or left chest rib at one time. I have to work on computer 8 hours every day and this pain affects my work. Non-smoker but tobacco chewing and inconsistent exercise has been my habit.
Please advise.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sir,working on computer has started only six months before but I have been suffering from pain when I was in the construction field work.
I don't have sinus. The pain in left head with burning left eye occurs only when there is no pain in left chest rib under arm and left back which eases after massaging/twisting the location.I have fed up going to cardiologist who after same test finds nothing wrong with my heart.
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
Hello.

Your chest pain is due to the long hours sitting on the computer. We often do not realize that out posture is faulty when you sit ion the computer. The monitor should be just below the level of the eyes, the keyboard should be at a level where you don’t have to bend down.

Try using back support while you sit for computer work. (Extra pillows might help).

Do you have frequent sinusitis? The headache could be either cluster headache or sinus headache.

Regards
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Neurology Community