Neurology Community
45k Members

Coldness/ Numbness In foot????

Hello.. The other night I was trying to sleep and couldnt because my foot felt so cold and numb.. but on the inside. Like if you touch it its not cold but i feel like im walking in the snow. Even when i put on socks it doesnt help.. It kind of tingles and its so uncomfortable that I cant sleep. There is no swelling or anything usual on the outside. This doesnt happen often, maybe once a month but it still bugs me and i have no clue what it is. I tried to search online but had no luck. Anyone know what this could be?? thanks a lot!
-danielle
Hello.

This seems to be a neuropathic problem. Neuropathy can give rise to a variety of symptoms, depending upon the nerves affected. Here, your nerves dealing with sensory input seem to be affected.

Have you got your MRI of the lower back ? And are you a diabetic ? This is to rule out a pinched nerve and diabetic neuropathy, respectively.

Regards