Been waiting 4 months to post, so here is all my data:
- 33 y/o female, avg. health up to July however reoccuring headaches (not migraines) for past 4 years
- July had what ER called TIA (mini-stroke) out of blue (thinkinig misdiagosis, ad was actual intermittent hydrocephalus), symptoms being numbness in face and arm, excruciating headache underneath left eye, nausea, dizziness etc.
- After this point, same symptoms cotinued to occur, on and off, inclding falling down, black outs, migraines (never had these before!), nausea, general unwelless, loss of feeling in toes, tingles in face and arms, joint stiffness, jaw soreness, blurry vision, mood swings, memory loss, mental changes
- CT-scan in August revealed colloid cyst between third and fourth vetricle
- MRI confirmed cyst; cyst is 7mm, intermittent hydrocephalus I believe although MRI doesn't show any hydrocephalus. Cyst located right in centre apparently of anatomy
- Consulted with neurologist, sent to neurosurgeon, neurosurgeon wants it to grow 3mm more before he takes it out (wants it to be 10mm), symptoms have increaseed but he wants me to wait 6 months longer before doing anything
IS this normal practice? Safe? I realize my cyst is located in a sensitive area but 6 months more of these symptoms when sudden death could occur? I can barely work or function due to the icredible pain. He's recommended until then for progressive MRIs...
I am in Canada where we have universal healthcare.