Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

Constant Dizziness/Unsteady feeling

I'm looking for anyone who has felt these or similar symptoms to tell me their story in hopes that It might illuminate my own situation.  For about 3 months now, I've been feeling dizzy every second of every day.  If I move my head too quickly, or if my head is in one position (like laying down) and then I move it to another position I get very dizzy.  It also get dizzy sitting at the computer and looking down at the keyboard and the back up at the screen, or when I'm walking and I look to either side I get dizzy.

Also, when I am walking or standing I often get the feeling of falling over even though I have not actually fallen or been unsteady.  I just feel like I'm constantly about to fall over.  I also feel like it's hard to concentrate while this is going on.  I feel sort of like I'm in a fog or like I'm floating and not really a part of what's going on around me.  I have NOT had any hearing problems associated with this, and my vision seems fine as well.

I have seen my Primary Care doctor about this and he referred me to an ENT.  The ENT ordered a VNG test.  When the results came back, my doctor didn't really seem to be able to provide a clear diagnosis but he thought it may have to do with my central nervous system.  He put me on a diuretic (triamterene-HCTZ) but I had to go off that because I actually became more dizzy and often felt that I was on the verge of passing out (while driving for instance).  Then he put me on something called betahistine which I can only get from England.  It's too early to tell if that's helping or not.  I know it's hard to diagnose these disorders, but any feed back could help me at least feel like I'm not alone with all this.  Thanks.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease