Neurology Community
45.2k Members
Avatar universal

Consultation re diagnosis at major medical centers

I have described my situation with constant, severe burning all over my body.  It has been suggested that contacting one of the major, well-known medical centers, i.e Mayo, Johns Hopkins etc. regarding consultation/diagnosing might be worthwhile.  Has anyone tried this route?  If so, where?  Also wonder, where the best neuro docs are located.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.  (My Fam Prac doc agrees but does not have knowledge of which place is best.  Don't see neurologist for another 6 weeks.)  Think I'll change my user name to Madam Agony!
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Hi there. I understand your predicament and what you are going through. You need to contact these esteemed centers via their websites and the phone numbers given there. Check the neurologists onboard. There must be an online outreach facility also where you could chat with a neurologist like this forum and possibly real-time chat. You can fix an appointment for the neurologist’s office. Hope this helps. Take care.

Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease