Contradictary symptoms & other problems

I have seen three neurologist over the last four years and they all come to the conclusion that I have interesting symptoms and refer me on.  The contradictary symptoms are peripheral neuropathy and spastic reflexes.  This seems to throw a curve in diagnosis.  The other symptoms are gait ataxia (or apraxia according to one doctor), bilateral Menieres disease, Hoffmans sign, dizziness, falls (several requiring er visits for broken bones), borderline diabetes, cognitive problems and slight brain atrophy of unkown significance.  My symptoms have appeared over the last 10 - 15 years.  I am a 48 year old male. To add to the confusion my mother had similar problems but was never diagnosed.

I have had 4 brain MRI's, 1 brain mra and 1 neck mra. I also have had several rounds of the standard ENT testing with the latest being almost normal. The new neurologist had scheduled for neck MRI today due to postive Hoffmans sign. The MRA's were clear the MRI's showed slight parietal and temporal lobe atrophy.

Anybody got any ideals whats going on?