Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

Could I have multiple sclerosis?

Hi I'm a 19 year old male. Just to get this out of the way, I have had generalised anxiety disorder for a number of years now and my biggest anxiety is always specifically about my health. Anyway, yesterday I woke up and I felt fine. A couple hours later I noticed a weird sensation in my left cheek that I have felt before but usually I get that feeling when I have an upset stomach or when I feel like I'm going to vomit. Although at the time It came on, I didn't have an upset stomach. This lasted all day yesterday on and off throughout the day.

And then last night I had a full fledge stomachache (I have acid reflux disease as well), and my cheeks felt sour as ever and the sensation was there in both cheeks. Eventually the stomachache went away and I went to bed. I woke up this morning and everything felt normal just tired. An hour or so later I faintly started to feel a weird sensation in my cheek again this morning. I also noticed I was no longer having a stomachache though. But the sensation still was similar to the sour-ish type feeling in your cheek when you are about to throw up except I wasn't feel sick at all.

The more I came to think about it and observe the feeling, it almost started to feel like a sensation of slight numbness. The more I continued to search online I found out it could be ms or even stroke but I doubt I had a stroke. The more I started to pinch my cheeks and feel if they were numb my face began to get a constant tingle and from then on easier this morning my face has been slightly tingly and it hasn't let up yet. I was wondering if this all goes in line with onset of multiple sclerosis? It's making me extraordinarily anxious and I feel like the tingling won't stop, and my face feels like it's sagging but when I look in the mirror or smile it's not at all. I'm not having a panic attack of any sort but I'm constantly very anxious about possibly having ms.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease