Neurology Community

Cranial plates separating?

May be I just noticed and it has been there all along, but what I noticed about a month go is that there is a valley (for lack of a better word) developing, very gradually, in my 66 year old skull.  About 2 months ago I was sent to a Hematologist by my Cardiologist, because he thought I had all of the symptoms of Gaucher's Disease but the Geneticist could not find any basis for it (except that I am a carrier).  The Hematologist, at first, mentioned Multiple Myeloma, but then said there is not enough evidence for that, did no more tests (like bone marrow biopsy), and only prescribed an Iron Infusion.  Then I noticed this gap, or whatever you call it, which does not look like one of those MM "punch outs", but could be associated with something.  There are also genetic diseases running in my family like Gaucher's, FMF, Neiman-Picks, and Tay-Sachs.  My question is:  Could it be a symptom or is it impossible?
Hi!
If indents are at the top, side or back of head, then they can be due to scarring alopecia or hair loss caused by discoid lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, lichen planopilaris, kerion, metastatic carcinoma, lymphoma, sarcoidosis, prolonged pressure, and cicatricial pemphigus. Multiple myeloma too could be a possibility. However, noting can be said until your doctor examine you. You may need a MRI/CT scan. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.