Neurology Community

Develpmental delays and partial seizures

My handsome son is 22 month old not walking and talking - just started crawling...very few partial seizures...MRI report says the following...Worrying and not sure what to do, any help is appreciated...

1. Thickened irregular cortex is seen within the posterior right occipital lobe and within the left frontal lobe. This finding is suggestive of a cortical sysplasia such as polymicrogyria. Nodular gray matter heterotopia is also seen along the lateral ventricles bilaterally

2. Increased signal is seen on T2-weighter imaging within the subcortical white matter of the occipital and parietal lobes bilaterally. This finding may represent abnormal or delayed myelination. However, considering the degree of cortical dysplasia and gray matter heterotpia, this may be the result of a metabolic abnormality such as Zellweger syndrome. Therefore, a metabolic work up is recommended

3. Partial agenesis of the corpus callosum with icomplete formation of the splenium and rostrum of the corpus callosum

4. Dysmorphic appearing cerebellum, especially the left cerebellar hemisphere. This finding is nonspecific

Metabollic test is conducted and result is Normal. He is taking phoenobarbital+trilipitol right now and seizures are contolled well but developmental delays are more concern right now both gross motor+fine motor+cognitively as well.

I don't know what I can do as my doctor only says wait and see but not helping me much on any suggestions and rather getting angry at me if I ask any question /clarification

Your time and help is appreciated...