Neurology Forum

Diagnosis

Having been diagnosed with Sacroiliac Joint problems, sciatica, and fibromyalgia, I've had the epidural injections, physical therapy, x-rays, and anti-depressants, all to no avail.  I'm still in pain, with stiffness and fatigue most all of the time.  What else might help?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Dear Cheryl:

Sorry that you have symptoms as you describe.  Many have tried to pinpoint the problem with fibromyalgia the is coupled with chronic fatigue and there are no good answers or treatment.  Sounds like you have undergone the usual treatments and I am not sure what else to offer.  It is difficult to help when a physical examination and complete history with all you lab work is not known.  I am not sure what else to offer.  

Obviously, mass marketed treatments are likely not to work for such an individual disease.  I think trying and finding one physician that will listen and try to work with you in sorting out a routine, excercise program, diet program, and therapy both physical and mental is probably a good starting point.  

Sincerely,

CCF Neuro MD
Cheryl,

Ive been told that I have fibromyalgia too.  I normaly dont go for alternative therapies (or havent in the past anyway), but ive found that massage therapy has really helped!  You might want to try it--a therapist who specializes in neuromuscular massage is best.  I also try to practice meditation at least once a day.  I never believed in these types of therapys before, but when pills no longer do the trick, you have to try something right?  Good luck to you
i have experienced diziness needle feelings in arms and legs. memory loss,loss of balance, burning sensation in right leg and difficulty accomplishing easy task. how should i deal with this situation and what should be my concerns , if any.
Dear dpancake:

Your symptoms could be the result of many etiologies.  I would suggest that you get a good initial neurological examination and basic lab work as the beginning of the process.  Then from there, a directed study can be performed.

CCF Neuro MD
I, too, have had sacroiliac joint problems for two years now.  They have really ruined my life.  Anti-inflammatories don't help (except when they contain a painkiller), cortisone injections don't help, tranquilizers and anti-depressants don't help.  Right now I'm working on improving my posture and massaging.  The massage is best learned from a therapist though.  I don't know if you've ever been told you have an inflammation, but that was one of my many diagnoses.  Apparently, when you have an inflammation, the microscopic muscle fibers and nerves can get stuck together and cause pain and nerve irritation.  My pain is better now, but I'm having a great deal of nerve irritation in the left sacroiliac joints--right where scoliosis puts pressure.  You might want to check out a book called Health Through Motion by Egoscue (available from Amazon) and also check out the Pfrimmer Massage Website.  Good luck.
thanks for your comment.

CCF Neuro MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease