Neurology Community
45k Members

Disc Protrusion at T7 and T8

I was recently in a car accident. I was T-boned by a Ford Explorer that ran a stop sign. I was in the drivers seat and the point of impact was my drivers side door. I went to the hospital with moderate back and neck pain. My MRI ruled out a possible T9 Compression fracture but showed at T7-8 I had a central disc protrusion with effacement of the anterior CSF column.  

Even with the prescribed pain medication I am at a moderate pain level and not able to sit still very long out of discomfort. I'm also not sleeping well. Heat seems to help some but doesn't work well very long.

Could you please explain the language used in my radiology report... I have no idea what it really means and the ER doctor didn't tell me anything other than we found protruding dics here's your paid medication see a neurologist. In the mean time I'm wondering what kind of short and long term effects this will have on me and what exactly is it that is wrong with my back.  

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam