Neurology Forum

Does one have to keep the same neurosurgeon?

Hi! I was wondering if a person previously has say like brain of any kind; do they have to keep the same neurosurgeon?  For instance, I previously had a suboccipital decompression laminectomy c1 and I will have to have surgery again.  However, I have a new neurologist at the Cleveland Clinic and so I would like to stay there and have my neurosurgeon there too and have the next surgery there.  I live 3 hours away from the Cleveland Clinic.  My last neurosurgeon is from where I am too.  I have nothing against him at all.  I really liked him alot.  I just wondered if that could be done.

Thank you ahead of time.
You absolutely can change any Dr you wish at any time.  Sometimes the change is just a matter of logistics vs any real problems you have with the Dr.  Just call your old drs office and have them transfer the records.  You don't have to give a reason.

Hope that helps.

Fiona
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease