Neurology Community

Does this sound like a seizure??

I have experienced depersonalization/derealization and chronic daily headache for 3 years.

I have a supra orbital 3.5 cm meningioma,  my eye exam was normal with a neuro-opthamologist.

Recently,  there have been episodes of  intense derealization, confusion,  very high sense of impending doom,  and voices become distorted, objects loose their depth and meaning.    These episodes only last less than 30 seconds and I do not have other classic signs of anxiety attack such as tremling, tachycardia, sweating, etc.   It happens in any situation.
Hi.

From what you have described this can be an atypical anxiety attack.  This can also be a visual or sensory type of seizure, however this should be proven or evaluated first with an EEG (electroencephalogram).  Psychologic counseling can also help in this situation as well as re-evaluation of your anxiety medications (since some become tolerant to their present dose of anxiolytics).  I hope you have informed your doctors about this and probably get the proper work up.

For now, make sure you have adequate sleep and avoid too much stress.

Regards.