Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.2k Members

FND patient with eyesight changes querying MS

I was diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder in January after an MRI came back 'within normal limits' , so ruling out MS but I gained new symptoms two months later so have been referred to Neurology again. Recently, my usually very good eyesight has changed.

I have pain behind one of my eyes with accompanying colour vision change and slight blurriness. The affected eye sees colours dimmer and with less red, like the difference between seeing on a sunny or a cloudy day.
I also get tiny flashes of light like stars and an involuntary side to side jerk now and again (if reading, it is severe enough to make me lose my place).

The oddest thing though is how the eye problem can be in one eye when I awake and the other eye some hours later.

I have seen my GP who has checked that I've been referred to neurology and have arranged to see an optician soon.

What could be happening?! I still suspect MS.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease