Neurology Community

Familial Tremor and GAD

Has any study shown a correlation between familial tremor and generalized anxiety disorder?   I am in the third generation, age 55 year old female, of a family with familial tremor. I have suffered with generalized anxiety disorder all my life including during my early childhood.  My paternal grandmother and all of her sisters had tremors that worsened in their later years.  She was also a chronic worrier and would literally wring her hands as a symptom of her anxiety.  My father who had tremors of the hands and wrists was also an anxious person and it was manifested in his restlessness.  We were all light sleepers and for me waking in the night starts the anxious thoughts that are not easily turned off.  My sister also displays tremor and anxiety.  Is this anxiety related in any way to the familial tremor or could it be a seperately inherited affliction as I do believe that it is inherited?  
I have both.  I have read that anxiety is related to essential tremor but doctors aren't sure what the relationship is yet.