Neurology Community

H1N1 Side Effects

Has anyone had any minor or serious nerve issues possibly relating to the H1N1 shot. I personally know of 2 people who have had nerve issues relating to vacines within 1 month of getting it. I had a terrible bout with something never diagnosed resembling sciatica. This started about 1 month after the shot. I had never taken a flu shot before and was fine for about 2 weeks and then had random dizzy spells once every one or two days. They only lasted a second or two and 2 weeks later the serious pain in my hip and left thigh started. Most of the pain is gone but I still have sensitve skin on my entire thigh and its now going on 6 months. Side effects of the H1N1 have to be one of the best kept secrets out there. No one wants you to know. If you have had any similar symptoms please post it.
Hi, Though the most common side effects of H1N1 vaccine could be muscle aches, fever, runny nose, wheezing and headache, possibility of any serious diseases like Guillain-Barré syndrome that causes muscle weakness and paralysis is quite rare. Earlier some cases of GBS have been reported with vaccine but they were in very rare instances. If you suffer continuous muscle weakness or notice any paralysis of leg muscles, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.Take Care & Regards!!!