Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.3k Members

H1N1 Side Effects

Has anyone had any minor or serious nerve issues possibly relating to the H1N1 shot. I personally know of 2 people who have had nerve issues relating to vacines within 1 month of getting it. I had a terrible bout with something never diagnosed resembling sciatica. This started about 1 month after the shot. I had never taken a flu shot before and was fine for about 2 weeks and then had random dizzy spells once every one or two days. They only lasted a second or two and 2 weeks later the serious pain in my hip and left thigh started. Most of the pain is gone but I still have sensitve skin on my entire thigh and its now going on 6 months. Side effects of the H1N1 have to be one of the best kept secrets out there. No one wants you to know. If you have had any similar symptoms please post it.
1 Responses
1093617 tn?1279302002
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi, Though the most common side effects of H1N1 vaccine could be muscle aches, fever, runny nose, wheezing and headache, possibility of any serious diseases like Guillain-Barré syndrome that causes muscle weakness and paralysis is quite rare. Earlier some cases of GBS have been reported with vaccine but they were in very rare instances. If you suffer continuous muscle weakness or notice any paralysis of leg muscles, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.Take Care & Regards!!!
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease