A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

HETEROTOPIAS AND CORTICAL DYSPLASIA

Hi All,
I need a second opinion on my 2 months old daughter's MRI reports.As I failed to understand this report, I want to know answers for thousands of questions like if there is any diagonosis, surgery or medicine for cure, will she have severe retardness,is there a chance of tumor or hammorages, will she have seizures, will her head be bigger than her body etc. Actually I received a report from the neurosurgeon which will explain the situation better. So here it goes..........

I(neurosurgeon) saw the baby in the neonatal nursery at Hospital(October 11th)At that time, Baby was known to have in utero ventriculomegaly and an ultrasound that was read by radiology as showing aqueductal stenosis.It appreared more to me to be consistent with corpus callosum agenesis.

The baby has been home, doing well, eating, active, and gaining weight. She returns after 2 months with a soft, sunken fontanel and a head circumference that remains on the 5oth percentile. An MRI scan was done today and unfortunately shows heterotopias that line the ventricle as well as areas of cortical dysplasia. The ventricules are enlarged and there is partial agenesis of the corpus callosum.

Unfortunately, her cerebral abnormalities are diffuse and widespread. There is no need for neurosurgical intervention, but the family may benefit from either neurology or developmental pediatrics. Also, consideration should probably be given to the genetics evaluation. So this is what the neurosurgeon says. I really want some help as I am helpless. Any help will be greatly appreciated PLEASE.

Thanks
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease