Neurology Community
45k Members

Head - Numbness, tingling

I've been experiencing numbness on the side and back of my head after sleeping recently. It's happened only a few times, but enough to make me concerned.

I've been on Lovan for a year and a half and hadn't had any negative side affects other than lack of sexual desire, and some weight gain (only gradual). However, when visiting overseas, I stayed longer than expected and was given Fluoxetine as a substitute until I could get back home. This was the only equivalent the pharmacist had, so I used it for approximately 3 weeks, until returning to AU. In doing research on an excessive amount of weight gain over a 1 to 2 month period, I started question whether the change in brands could have made a difference. In looking up Fluoxetine, there was some mention of never ending in the brain.

I know I need medical attention to be sure, most likely an MRI. I live in the middle of no where in AU, so arranging doctor appointments isn't very easy. Is the numbness, tingling, a feeling of cold then warm, on the side to the back of my head, something to be concerned about?
Please excuse my typos. I meant to say "nerve endings in the brain".