Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.3k Members

Head pressure/dizziness/facial numbness please help!!

For over 5 years now I have been plagued with "episodes" that have sent me racing to the ER thinking I was having a stroke or heart attack. Basically thinking I was done for. Symptoms I have experienced during these episodes: racing heart, elevated BP, Facial numbness/tightness..mainly left side. Sensation of constricted airway and nasal passages. Difficulty swallowing. Tunnel vision. Feeling like im going to faint repeatedly but dont. Warm intense pressure in my face, temple, forehead. Tightness on top of my head as if I was wearing a tight fitting cap. Spider web sensation on my face. Most always this presents with a numb sensation around my nose and mouth to the tip of my chin. It causes extreme fatigue and weakness /heaviness in my extremities. Over all very ill and weak feeling. I get very dizzy and even nauseous during these episodes...almost flu like wwithout the yucky other things. These episodes can last from hours to days on end. And when it lets go, you know it lets go and feel it! Its like breathing the most cool crisp fresh air you ever have. Almost refrigerated cool air. Not one Dr or any test/scan has ever solved this. Anxiety/panic attacks are the go to thing but i strongly disagree. These come out of nowhere and on the best stress free days and times. For the last two days I have been under attack once again. First day I wanted to fly to the ER because its scary as hell but i dont. I know i will just be dismissed and feel foolish. So if any of this sounds familiar to anyone or rings any bells, please speak up. I would love to hear ideas, thoughts or even common ground. Thank you very much.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease