Neurology Forum

Headache,dizziness, vision trouble

I am a 30 year old healthy female.  Lately I have been having these dizzy feelings where I just feel off a little.  I also am having pain and pressure in my ears. They are accompanied by headaches and I have been having vision trouble.  I can see everything OK but I feel as if my eyes are crossing which causes my head to hurt more.  I have beento the eye doctor recently and nothing has changed.  I have been to the doctor for blood work because I was having numbness/tingling in face and hands.  Everything cam out negative.  Could you tell me if there is a specialist I should see and what the problem could be?  It is just an unsettling feeling and the headaches can be annoying.
It sounds like the headaches are getting beyond just bothersome. Headache can come with a variety of other symptoms also, some of which you are describing. The best person to see is a neurologist specializing in headache, or at a headache center, such as the Cleveland Clinic Headache Center. They can differentiate benign from non-benign headache and provide appropraite treatment for both the headache and the other symptoms.

Hi, I'm no doctor, but I can tell you that an MRI of your brain is necessary to rule of tumors, hydrocephalus or other unfriendlies.  I have had a constant headache and trouble visualizing moving objects all year and I have been seeing a neurologist with a sub speciality in headaches.
Definitely go see a neurologist -- reasons:  see prior post. Do you have migraines?   Are you overweight?   They can do a more complete examination as well as order any additional testing, such as a CT head or MRI.   If things turn out to be normal, perhaps, a trip to an ENT would be helpful.
i am 23yr old F, and have just been diagnosed with occular migraine. i have an occular aura prior to the migraine that consists of blurred vision, numbness in hands/lips/tongue, loss of speech. i dont necessarily have to get a headache afterwards. maybe this is something you could look into?? good luck..
I have been having similar symptoms to yours for about 6 weeks. I have seen a neurologist, ENT and my family physician and will see an opthmologist next week.  I was told to have a CT on my head, x rays were taken of my neck and all other testing is about my inner ears, bera and ENG. This forum suggested I see a neurologist who specializes in balance.  Good Luck.
When i was 10 i started to suffer with dizzy spells, after about a year the went. Iam now 20 and they have returned along with other symptoms. I have severe headaches everyday and blurred vission. I also get sharp pains like electric shocks through differnt parts of my body that make me jump. I episodes were i shake and twitch and some times my arms will go numb. I have had an MRI which was clear but its becoming harder to deal with and my Dr dosent seem to take me seriously. Any ideas??
I am a 26 year old female and about 6 months ago I started experiencing feelings of pressure in my head, dizziness, and inability to focus & concentrate on things...I also ALWAYS have a dull headache & sometimes my heart beats heavily and I have shortness of breath...I have even gone to the ER on two occassions for this. I had an MRI (everything was "fine")and bloodwork (everything was fine with that also).My Dr. says its "Anxiety" but I have a gut feeling that its more than that. I also feel like he does not take me seriously and its becoming very frustrating. Everyday I feel worse and its affecting my life....i need help!!
Jamie,  I am a 29 yr old male with EXTREMELY similar symtoms to yours.  The constant dull head pressure, mainly in the front but also deep in the center,  like a pulling down, or weight on my head.  Also spells where I get constant vertigo when laying down.    no answers...doctor thinks im crazy too
I am 27 years old and have been very healthy my whole life.  I have never had headaches but on the 8th of Dec I had a horrible migraine and they have not stopped since then.  I was on Depo Provera and switched to Lo/overal pills could this be a reason for the headaches? I stopped taking the pill last Friday after visiting the ER with horrible pains in my head. All the tests at the ER can back ok but the headaches still come everyday.  I was taking up to five meds a day to curb the pain until 2 days ago.  Now I only need 1 migraine pill and an anxiety pill a day to get rid of the pain but I still have these swishing sounds in my head 24/7.  Is this progress?  Could this all be because of hormones?  Im going crazy!!
It is no more than just a simple case of STRESS..Ask your family doc for a small dose of xanax and you'll see your problems disappear. Just don't get to cozy on the med it is easy to become dependent on it.
I've been having headaches a lot lately and nothing seems to work. I've tried Extra Strength Tylenol and Aleve. A few months ago I started getting dizzy and I'd get really hot and my vision would get blury and it felt like I was going to be sick. My doc did blood work, a chest x-ray, and an EKG and everything came back normal. So then my doctor said it was anxiety and put me on zoloft. But the more and more I don't get any better, the more I think it's something other than anxiety.
I did take anxiety meds and that didnt help.  I stopped taking all meds finally and my headaches went away for a week.  They have come back but not as bad and now I have some new symptoms.  Palpatations, burning in the top right of my head and dizziness when I am out and about.  I am still not taking any medication.  When I feel migraine symptoms now I do a low aerobic workout and that keep the migraine at bay but I have all of this other stuff.  My doctor still says it hormones but also found that my throid is low normal.  I am having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep also.  Help!!
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease