Neurology Community
45k Members

Headache

I have been having horrible pain on the left side of my face - above eye, cheek and against bridge of nose. I went to dr who first thought sinus infection, i was on antibiotics, now 1 week later, still pain, slight blurry vision on that left eye. Ent now said not a sinus so sent me to Eye dr, who thankfully said everything ok with eye.  Problem is; i still have the pain and no idea what is going on. could Antibiotic, avalox, be affecting my eyes?? what to do with pain on forehead?? Their next suggestion is a neurologist??
Hi, Thank you for your question. Generally, one sided throbbing (or sharp) headache (or discomfort) & orbital pain (eye pain) with numbness symptoms could be suggestive of migraine. Factors that may induce your migraine attack may be excessive pills, stress or depression, bright lights, loud noise and traveling. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. On the other hand, few patients experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus), nerve impingement and any neurological disorder.  I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet, avoid taking unnecessary drugs and consult a neurologist. Hope this helps.