Neurology Community

Heel Pain caused by PN?

I began to experience symptoms of an idiopathic small fiber PN in 1994.  I occasionally experienced more pronounced heel pain upon prolonged standing.  Starting August 2012 I started to experience constant bilateral heel pain that is not alleviated by sleep/getting off my feet.

Is this common in PN, or is it more likely some sort nerve entrapment syndrome?

Please help!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Aside PN other possible causes that may need to be considered include inflammation, degeneration, fractures, structural/ arch issues, dislocations, injuries to tendons/ ligaments, growths/ masses, neuro-muscular causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some ice-packs, tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!