Neurology Community

Heel Pain for 6+ years...

I have had chronic foot pain (in both feet) for past 6+ years. Earlier doctors diagnosed it as Plantar Fascittis and and gave me NSAID for pain relief and orthotics for my sheos. This was not of much help. Recently I showed it to a foot specialist who said it could be Bilateral Tarsal Tunnel Syndorme Problem.

I cannot wear any type of shoes for more than 1-2 hours. After that there is lot of pain in my heels which then spreads to the entire foot after which there is complete numbness and loss of sensation in both feet. When I take off my shoes it takes 3-4 hours for recovery during which there is intense pain as well.

Can any one suggest treatment of this problem. Also what kind of shoes are best suited for walking ( support shoes or motion control shoes etc).

thx