Neurology Community
45k Members

Help strange muscle locking/cramping

hello I'm new to this site and wanted to know if anyone can give me a idea on what this sounds like?  It's a lil long sorry but I'm 24 years old female around 2013 going into 2014 I developed internal tremors and what looked to others as muscle or joint locking in my hands feet lower legs lower arms neck and spine. When I lock I often have to twist up my back as well surprisingly the lock and twisting provides relief from the sensation I'm feeling. At the time the only med I was on was valium 10mg 3 times a day for anxiety (which I been on for years) I had a lessening of symptoms in the summer of 2014 and found I was pregnant with my 4th child so I weened off the meds in December about 2 months of the locking retuned only more frequent and now I can feel that there's a burning numbing pain running up the middle of my arms spine legs etc that felt some relief through locking and my inner tremors became outer body shakes. February this month I was put back on the valium for other reasons the first 3 days it helped but now it only numbs the pain a little I can still feel the tremors and urge to lock. Anyone have a idea what this could be? It's hard to function like this my thyroid came back fine my MRI was fine no vitamin deficiency that the doctors said I'm well hydrated and drink lots of milk. (My tongue also goes numb  and my jaw locks too not sure if there connected)
It's been a few days.... Anyone have ideas? Could be muscle" contractions or nerve problems I put cramps because I'm unsure.... The shakes keep getting worse and the valium don't help much...... The feeling really scares me makes it hard to function....