Neurology Community

Herbs

I had a stroke last year  and was put on Aggrenox/Aspirin.  Also I was put on Zoloft for anxiety and Zyban for smoking.  Can you tell me what herbs would interact with these medications?  I like taking the internal cleanse and colon cleanse and lung cleanse especially. Which herb in these cleansers would interact with my medications?

Herbs in general are harmless so long as there are noother medications involved. There are not too many studies regarding the interaction of particular allopathic medicines with particular herbs. Being on so many medications, which may themselves have side effects, it is better that you don't take any other herbal remedies. Even if there is no specific interaction, the herbs and allopathic medicines are excreted either through the liver or kidneys and taking both at once may damage either of these organs.