Neurology Community

How long after my LP can I workout?

I had a lumbar puncture last week Monday. For the most part, my headaches are gone but whenever I bend over to pick something up I feel light-headed. The sensation goes away immediately after I return to the upright position. I work out regularly but haven't worked out since my LP. I want to go back to the gym, but considering this weird light-headedness, I'm not sure if that's advisable. Should I wait to workout? Is there something I can take?

I'm seeing my neurologist next week, but I'm not sure what to do in the interim.
There is no easy answer, but prudence would suggest you wait at least three weeks.  You have a wound that requires time to close and heal. The trochar used to obtain a sample leave a tear and a hole. The cells must grow back to restore structural integrity. Until such time the area is weakened and and avoid over-pressure. It will heal 100 percent, but a week is not enough time.