Neurology Community
45k Members

I abrupt stopped Zoloft since week ago and now suffering from Paresthesia.

I have abrupt stopped Zoloft (200mg) since one week ago and now suffering from Paresthesia. my question is: how long it will take Paresthesia to disappear? I take now Celeston and Ataraks (25mg) twice a day plus Zona ointment but without benefit.

regards,
Hi!
It is difficult to say when the symptoms will go away. You could add vitamin B12 to the anti anxiety medication you are taking after asking your doctor. Restarting Zoloft may sometimes trigger further symptoms. Some antidepressant can be added. If symptoms persist, then you may need to restart Zoloft and then slowly taper the dose by 5% per week or per month. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.