Neurology Community

I am experiencing Brain Fog and its very confusing..

In 2005, for a few days my mind felt a little numb. My parents thought it might just be in my head. For around a week, I was the same way. It was as if there was fog over my brain.I could hear people but sometimes not really understand them. I would ask them to repeat what they said and then sometimes i would repeat what they would say in order to clear my understanding. Its like my mind used to become slow. It was slow to grasp things.

In 2006, the same thing happened again. I went to a neuro doc and he said it was nothing. I also went to a general physician who got some tests done and the result was that he said i had an enlarged liver due to the junk food i eat so i stopped all that.I was pretty overweight due to all that food intake.I also got my thyroid tests done and they were fine too. I was okay in around a week.

In 2007, nothing happened.

In February 2008, I experienced the same thing. When i was a lil better, i finally went to a neuro-physician. He asked me to get some tests done and also advised me to see a psychiatrist since he thought i might be depressed because my mother has long been suffering from a disease and things might be depressing at home.  The tests that i got done were for Folic Acid, B12 and Liver.  The results said that there was a little deficiency of Folic Acid and B12 in my body.Extreme definiceny of these things can cause a person to be anaemic.So the doc prescribed me tablets for these two things and also xanax(anti-depressant tablets.) I never got the time to see the psychiatrist by the way.

Now its been 2 months and i am suffering from the same state again. I should mention here that i have missed out on my tablets for a week. Its just been two days that i have started having them regularly. I dont know what the problem is. I am looking to switch jobs and I'm scared because my mind feels numb and it will not be of any help if i start my new job in that state.

Another thing i would like to mention here is that i am almost 25 years old. I do exercise now. I have lost weight and am not obese anymore. I dont drink enough water. Maybe a glass for the whole day. My junk food intake isnt all that much either. I do stay depressed sometimes. Sometimes its coz of work and sometimes generally in life. But thats not the story all the time. I have my fun days and hanging out with friends. I get angry really easily and it takes most of my energy. I guess i have weak nerves. My father keeps telling me to control my temper coz my mother has huntington disease and he says that anger is something that could fuel it since my mother has the disease and so us kids half 50% chance of getting it. This is one thought that sometimes does upset me.

What do you think i am suffering from? Why cant i think properly? What tests should i get done? Is there a way i can get tests done and send the reports online to some doctor who could maybe tell me whats wrong? Can you help me in any way?