Neurology Community

Information on operating on the CEREBELLAR VERMIS?

Hi there,
My dad is going through scans investigating a lesion in the inferior aspect of the cerebellar vermis.
Obviously we all are very concerned and want to know more. The scans may lead to the doctors wanting to operate to investigate or remove this. I have been researching the internet franticly but I'm not much clearer on what could happen etc...

What is the best case scenario on operating on the cerebellar vermis? Could there be no change in functions or anything else?

What is the average outcome of this operation? What could be at risk of damage or change? What will be expected as far as recovery?

I'm sorry, I know anything could happen, but would like to make things a bit clear if possible.
Thank you for your help