Left arm pain and numbness in fingers

This morning, my left arm felt weird. I felt tingly in my left arm and there was pain above my elbow. I tried to do something but my fingers felt a little numb on my left arm and I couldn't do anything. Then I felt something pop inside. It wasn't a bone or joint but something went pop. Everything was OK for a while but then my fingers feel a little numb again. Is this serious?
could be one of your c-disks in your spine(neck). I have had that problem for 6 yrs now and it only gets worse so an M R I would not be out of the question. A cheaper route would be x-rays to show narrowing of the neck. bUT CHECK WITH A DOC ASAP.

This could be a case of ulnar nerve entrapment. This is a condition in which is a condition the ulnar nerve (on the medial side of the elbow)  becomes trapped due to some physiological abnormalities. The various causes of entrapment could be problems originating at the neck (thoracic outlet syndrome, disease of the cervical spine), brachial plexus abnormalities, elbow abnormalities (fractures, growth plate injuries, improper use), wrist abnormalities, or infections. It causes symptoms such as numbness, weakness, and tingling of the fourth and fifth fingers. The patient may also report severe pain at the elbow or wrist with radiation into the hand or up into the shoulder and neck. Please get a complete evaluation done by a neurologist to ascertain the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.

Best..