Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45k Members

Looking for similar stories

I am a 34 yr old female and I am healing from what the doctors called a Vertebral Arterial Dissection. I woke up 1 morning with the left side of my neck feeling numb, I initially thought my neck had fallen asleep. That was until I tried to stand and I was unable to walk without walking to one side.  After a few minutes my spouse talked me into going to the hospital to get checked, after a MRI and a CAT scan I was told I suffered from a Vertebral Arterial Dissection.  I was told I was VERY lucky that my spouse brought me to the hospital. If I would have let it go it was almost certainly going to result in a stroke.  So I count my lucky stars it stopped at that.  This was nearly 5 months ago and I had to talk my doctor into giving me a CTA scan, since I have been getting mild headaches and mild sensations of numbness on the same side of my neck. I do not know if it has healed at this time (waiting for the results) I can only hope all will be healed and I can live my life happy (while on my regime of aspirin).  I am looking for similar stories of this situation. I do see a few forums of individuals that were not as lucky as me at the dissection resulted in a stroke.  I also would like to see if anyone has had healthy pregnancies after similar things happening, I would like to have 1 more child but now I wonder if this is even possible considering I will be on aspirin (after this heals) the rest of my life, not to mention that I have high blood pressure and have to be on meds to keep that under control as well?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease