Neurology Forum

Lump at the back of my skull

I've noticed a lump at the back base of my skull on the left side.  It's hard, extends from a little ways behind my L ear to the middle of my skull and bulges out like a big goose egg.  I've had chronic ear problems, feel dizzy and light headed and also have quite a lot of head and neck pain and pain in the area of the "bulge".  I saw a Dr. of Otology and Neurotology who said I need surgery on my ear due to a retracted ear drum and mastoid problems.  Would the lump at the back of my skull also be a mastoid issue that will be taken care of when he does the ear surgery, or could it be something else?  Thanks.
Unfortunately this question it outside my area of expertise.  One would have to determine what the bump was. It could be made of bone, a muscle spasm, or enlarged lymph glands. If you have an ear infection then this could result in enlarged lymph nodes, You should ask your question to an ENT doctor. Good luck.
A related discussion, neck pain was started.
A related discussion, Lump on the left back side of skull was started.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease