Neurology Community

MRI Brain findings..

Hi there,

Back in October 2016, I went to the local ER for some breathing difficulties from a cold that I was experiencing at the time. They got me in straight away and when I moved from a chair to the hospital bed, I started to feel very unwell (dizziness and nausea). On the hospital bed itself, my right arm starting to shake non-stop. The doc thought that the breathing difficulties was due to a blood clot in the lungs and I was treated for that. But the shaking of the right arm itself has never stopped ever since I was discharged (it shakes even as I write this).

My local doc has run quite a few tests and I have had an MRI.

The MRI results are as follows:

Clinical Notes: 41 year old female with abnormal movements in the right arm, associated with headache and vertigo. To rule out any intercranial space-occupying lesion.

MRI BRAIN:

Technique: Axial T2, axial FLAIR, sagittal T1, DWI, SWI, coronal T2 through orbits and T2 CISS 3D imaging was obtained through brain without contrast.

Findings: A focal T2 and FLAIR hyperintense signal is seen in the white matter of the left frontal lobe. This does not demonstrate diffusion restriction. No other white matter abnormality. A few prominent VR spaces seen in the basal ganglia, bilaterally.

Normal grey and white has a normal interface. No evidence of a space-occupying lesion, intracranial haemorrhage, midline shift or acute infarction.

The brainstem and cerebellum appear normal. Normal sellar and parasellar structures. Normal bilateral vestibulocochlear nerve complexes and CP angles. The visualised intracranial vessels return normal flow voids.

Minimal fluid signals are seen in the petrous air cells. No definite intraconal or extraconal abnormality. A small, focal hyperintense structure under the right cerebellum likely represents an arachnoid granulation.

No definite mucosal disease of the sinuses.

IMPRESSION:

An isolated finding of a single, T2 and FLAIR hyperintense signal in the left frontal white matter, is non-specific. Differentials include demyelination versus vasculitis.

No other abnormality.

-------------------------------------

Family history includes: Migraines, Parkinson's Disease, Marie Charcott's Tooth Disease, dementia (different types), mental health issues (depression, anxiety etc).

Personal history includes: 2 week long severe headache with numbness on left hand side of face, migraines/headaches (usually develops on the left hand side of brain near the front - occasionally at the base of the brain (but very rare), diagnosed with depression and anxiety, vertigo (usually the right ear, some issues of balance pops up occasionally as well). I have issues with heat (had a heat stroke and heat exhaustion when I was 16, ever since I am very sensitive to heat).

I am currently on the waiting list to see a neurologist for the arm shaking but I am curious about the MRI findings.. What could they possibly mean?

Thanks for any help that you can provide :)