Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

MRI RESULTS

I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY BLADDER,RECURENT INFECTION,SMALL KIDNEY STONES,NOT EMPTYING. MY UROLOGIST SENT ME TO A NEUROLOGIST BECAUSE THE BETHANOCHOL WASNT HELPING. MY MRI OF THE CERVICAL SPINE WAS NORMAL, MY LUMBAR SUGGEST DISC DEGENERATION,LEFT PARACENTRAL DISC PROTRUSION AT THE T12-L1 LEVEL WITH NARROWING OF THE LEFT LATERAL RECESS, COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR MY LEFT ARM FEELING NUMB AND MY LEFT LEG BEING STIFF FEELING AND A COUPLE OF TIME INTO MY LEFT JAW. WHAT ABOUT MS?
1 Responses
Hi there.

This MRI finding is unlikely to explain your arm and jaw symptoms since the T12-L1 level would control or supply the structures from your pelvis down to your lower extremities.  If you are experiencing these symptoms, I agree that this may be an early manifestation of MS, however there can also be other causes.  One is that you may have micronutrient deficiency (Vitamin B deficiency or calcium), or most commonly, these can be due to stress.  The recurrent urinary infections may be due to the stones, since these stones may be a nidus for bacterial proliferation.  

I suggest you discuss these options with your doctors.
Regards and God bless.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483811956
ON
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease