Neurology Community

MRI RESULTS

I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY BLADDER,RECURENT INFECTION,SMALL KIDNEY STONES,NOT EMPTYING. MY UROLOGIST SENT ME TO A NEUROLOGIST BECAUSE THE BETHANOCHOL WASNT HELPING. MY MRI OF THE CERVICAL SPINE WAS NORMAL, MY LUMBAR SUGGEST DISC DEGENERATION,LEFT PARACENTRAL DISC PROTRUSION AT THE T12-L1 LEVEL WITH NARROWING OF THE LEFT LATERAL RECESS, COULD THIS BE THE REASON FOR MY LEFT ARM FEELING NUMB AND MY LEFT LEG BEING STIFF FEELING AND A COUPLE OF TIME INTO MY LEFT JAW. WHAT ABOUT MS?
Hi there.

This MRI finding is unlikely to explain your arm and jaw symptoms since the T12-L1 level would control or supply the structures from your pelvis down to your lower extremities.  If you are experiencing these symptoms, I agree that this may be an early manifestation of MS, however there can also be other causes.  One is that you may have micronutrient deficiency (Vitamin B deficiency or calcium), or most commonly, these can be due to stress.  The recurrent urinary infections may be due to the stones, since these stones may be a nidus for bacterial proliferation.  

I suggest you discuss these options with your doctors.
Regards and God bless.