Neurology Community

MRI States SEVERE

Hello i recently had an MRI done of the limbar spine which i have had ongoing for a few years now and the doctors have never donw anything about it until this year. SWo far this year i have had pt,epidural injections, lyrica, musicle relaxers, pain meds and all of teh above but surgery. So then i called my ortho back because i was getting weak and not able to get around by myself and my husband has had to stay home now and take care of me and out little ones. They ordered another MRI and it staes as follows
At the L4-5 level there is a large central disc herniation causing SEVERE thecal sac compression as well as SEVERE spinal canal narrowing. Findings associated with moderate annular disc bulging and prominent degeneration of intervertebral disc at this level with loss of height and signal and mild reactive marrow change involving the opposing endplates. and minimal annular disc bulging L5-S1 and L3-4  CAn anyone please help me because the ortho all he said was that i needed to see a neurosurgeon right away and gave me a cane to walk with. Any help would be appreciated. THanks so much Laura.
To me it sounds like u have degenerative disk disease...and a buldging disk....and possibly cervical spinal stinosis ( spinal canal narrowing)...at L4-5..is about where mine is as well....I have chiari and DDD and cervical spinal stinosis....( I have a cane also)
I don't know where u live but u need a specialist.....I am not familiar with "mild reactive marrow....."
Laura please feel free to contact me...

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"