Neurology Community

MRI

I HAD A SEIZURE ON DEC 14TH AND THE CAT SCAN WAS NEG, EEG SHOWED AN ABNORMALITY AND THE MRI SHOWED " AN OLD STROKE AND TWO OTHER ABNORNOMAL SPOTS, NO MASS" I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE NEUROLOGIST JAN 16TH. IS THERE A SUCH THING AS A SILENT STROKE AND WHAT COULD THE OTHER TWO SPOTS BE? COULD THIS HAVE CAUSED MY SEIZURE, I HAVE NO HISTORY OF SEIZURES. THEY PUT ME ON TEGRETOL AND WHEN I HAD THE SEIZURE I HERNIATED A DISC IN MY UPPER BACK. BEEN IN ALOT OF PAIN. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE NEURO WILL DO , THE NEXT STEP?  THANKS  47 YRS OLD FEMALE
How are you feeling now?
The neurologist will examine you thoroughly to look for any other associated neurological deficit. For MRI suspecting stroke, he needs to find out reason for stroke. I think he would ask for some blood investigation. A reference for Cardiologist will be on cards to rule out cardiac cause for stroke/ischemia.
MRI neck would be asked to assess the clinical condition in neck. He would plan for some physiotherapy to the part.
I think the stroke/Ischemia could be the cause for seizure.
Keep me informed about your discussion with neurologist.
Bye.