Aa
A
A
A
Close
Neurology Community
45.1k Members

MRI

I HAD A SEIZURE ON DEC 14TH AND THE CAT SCAN WAS NEG, EEG SHOWED AN ABNORMALITY AND THE MRI SHOWED " AN OLD STROKE AND TWO OTHER ABNORNOMAL SPOTS, NO MASS" I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AT THE NEUROLOGIST JAN 16TH. IS THERE A SUCH THING AS A SILENT STROKE AND WHAT COULD THE OTHER TWO SPOTS BE? COULD THIS HAVE CAUSED MY SEIZURE, I HAVE NO HISTORY OF SEIZURES. THEY PUT ME ON TEGRETOL AND WHEN I HAD THE SEIZURE I HERNIATED A DISC IN MY UPPER BACK. BEEN IN ALOT OF PAIN. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE NEURO WILL DO , THE NEXT STEP?  THANKS  47 YRS OLD FEMALE
1 Responses
Hi,
How are you feeling now?
The neurologist will examine you thoroughly to look for any other associated neurological deficit. For MRI suspecting stroke, he needs to find out reason for stroke. I think he would ask for some blood investigation. A reference for Cardiologist will be on cards to rule out cardiac cause for stroke/ischemia.
MRI neck would be asked to assess the clinical condition in neck. He would plan for some physiotherapy to the part.
I think the stroke/Ischemia could be the cause for seizure.
Keep me informed about your discussion with neurologist.
Bye.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
5265383 tn?1483808356
ON
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease